Connie Kovka is collecting lap throws, stuffed animals and jewelry for nursing homes, and white socks and sweat pants in size large and extra-large for “Presents for Veterans.” Reservations for the Spring Luncheon at Ascension Hall on June 12 must be made by June 3; Lazar is taking reservations.
Planned trips include:
• June 26, Wheeling Island. Cost is $25 with $30 in free play and $5 in food at the buffet. Bus leaves Ascension at 9:15 a.m.
• June 10, “Unforgettable Journey — A Tribute to Nat King Cole” and a stop at Idlewild Park.
• July 18, West Virginia Mountain Jubilee at Elkins, W.Va., and lunch at Graceland Inn.
• Sept. 26, “Fall Senses Sensations” at Punxsutawney-Smicksburg and dinner at Marshall House in Dayton.
• Oct. 17, Brown Bag Tour in Middlefield, Ohio, including an Amish wedding feast and a stop at Nauvoo Market.
• Dec. 2, Market Square Holiday Market in Pittsburgh, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens to see the Christmas display, and dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse.
For information or reservations, contact Lazar at 412-384-6203.