This page is to file resources to help understand how things work politically, what organizations are available to help, and ideas on how to rebuild Clairton.
2013 Zoning Update Project Overview
• Project Consultant – Mackin
– Amy Wiles, AICP
• Project Timeline
– Began in October of 2012
– Anticipated Enactment – Fall 2013
• Project Committee
– City Council, Planning Commission, Manager & Residents
• Designed to protect the health, safety, and welfare of residents
• Ordinance provisions may regulate:
– Control over the use of land
– Lot size
– Size, height, location of structures
– Density/intensity of uses (type & size)
– Protection/preservation of natural resources
Long-Term Community Recovery Planning Process
A Self-Help Guide
Local Council of Government
The Steel Valley Council of Governments (SVCOG), established in 1973, is a non-profit organization representing municipalities in the Mon Valley region of Allegheny County. The SVCOG's member municipalities include the Boroughs of Braddock Hills, Dravosburg, Homestead, Munhall, West Elizabeth, West Homestead, West Mifflin and Whitaker, and the City of Clairton. SVCOG works with its communities through the various programs it offers. SVCOG works with many groups and organizations to fulfill its duties; a list of internet resources is provided.
We are now posting our bids on-line. To see projects that are available for bid click here. For results click here. To sign up to receive information about bid availabilities click here.
For Access to our Blight Remediation Program homepage click here.